Victim Services

If you are a victim of a crime, there are a number of resources available to you.

  • If you need financial assistance from our victim's fund, please call our intake number at 706-VICTIMS (842-8467). Limited funds are available, but we can also help you locate additional resources that provide financial assistance.


  • If you are a victim of crime, you may apply for victim compensation from the state in which you live. You also may be entitled to two state victim comp services if the crime took place in a different state than your own. To find your state victim comp service department to start the process, click here.

  • If you cannot work because you are disabled either from physical or mental injury as a victim of crime, you may apply both for state and federal disability. For federal disability claims, you can start the process here.

  • Some states — like California and New York (among others) — have state disability insurance available. That is different from worker’s compensation. Make sure you check with your victim advocates.

    • For California, here is the link for forms to take to the doctor and phone numbers: For Disability Leave: 800-480-3287. For Paid Family Leave: 877-238-4373

    • New York disability info: 800-353-3092

  • If your injuries from the crime took place at your workplace, you are entitled to apply for worker’s compensation in your state.

  • When seeking mental health therapy after a mass casualty crime, it is important that you connect with trained and licensed professionals who specialize in trauma and PTSD. The following database can be used to locate a trauma and PTSD therapist: